Partners marrying in Northern Ireland have actually a range of either a spiritual ceremony or even a civil ceremony (that is carried out either by a registrar or perhaps a Humanist celebrant). The arrangements that are initial exactly the same for both forms of marriage.
Any two different people can marry in Northern Ireland so long as:
- both are in minimum 16 years old regarding the time of these wedding — anybody under 18 will be needing authorization from their moms and dad or guardian, or if suitable, a court purchase to permit the wedding to just do it
- They are not related to each other in a real method which may avoid their marrying
- these are generally unmarried (any past wedding must are ended by breakup, death or annulment)
- they’re not regarding the sex that is same
- these are typically with the capacity of comprehending the nature of a marriage ceremony as well as agreeing to wedding